Timothy van Sas
Timothy van Sas

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ami-Beth Phipps - Eat Out Of The Cans

Last year I went on a whistle stop tour of the UK to watch my good pal Ben Marwood promote his split EP with Jim Lockey and Oxygen Thief. It was one of the best weeks off work I’ve had in years and although my liver wouldn’t agree I would to do it all again at some point in the future.

Anyway along the travels of last year we rocked up to the Mothers Ruin in Bristol where an all day music event had been organized. During the course of the day a young lady by the name of Ami-Beth Phipps took to the stage. Outside of the guys I was following she was easily the best new act I discovered that week.

I snaffled an MP3 of her hauntingly amazing song ‘Eat Out of the Cans’ as soon as I returned home and have been eagerly waiting for more recordings ever since. Until then I thought I’d share this rare treat with y’all as it has been one of my favorite tracks of the last 12 months.

If you’d like to hear a bit more of Ami then head over to our sibling site at www.editradio.org and play podcast 22, which is hosted by a drunken Ami and her friend Pete.

Eat Out Of Cans.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment